Tips for making a Joomla! website more search engine friendly
Wynchcote Websites are built on the Joomla! dynamic website platform using valid XHTML Markup and valid CSS Level 3 to ensure they are accessible to your visitors, including the search engines!
You have hopefully already commenced implementing a good SEO strategy, involving the gradual bulding up over time of lots of:
- good media mentions,
- genuine backlinks,
- viral activity on Twitter and Facebook,
- people talking about you,
- people referring to you,
- people linking to you,
- people spreading the word about you.
If you have then you are well on your way to a first page ranking on search engines for the search terms that matter most to your business or organisation.
Good landing pages will have lots of relevant and useful content on them.
Good landing pages will also be linked to and organised in a search engine friendly way.
We hope you will find our Joomla! SEO Guide useful in this regard.
How can you make your website more attractive to search engines?
Most important, target the needs of your REAL audience with relevant and useful content!
Do this whilst adhering to the SEO Tips in this Guide and you will see positive results.
Some Practical Suggestions
Here are a few more practical suggestions that you may wish to take on board:
- install a dynamic site map and submit its XML address to the search engines;
- change the global configuration settings of your website to make URLs more search engine friendly;
- add Google Analytics code to your website to enable you to closely monitor traffic to your website.
Whilst Wynchcote can offer advice for how to improve your search engine ranking, we do not offer any guarantees that your rankings will improve as a result of this advice.
The Joomla!® name is used under a limited license from Open Source Matters in the United States and other countries. Wynchcote Limited is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project.
- Next >>
- Last Updated on Monday, 17 June 2013
- Written by Wynchcote